Lending & Investment Update
- Finance Expo - Special Deal
- New Legislation - Time to Update your Ts and Cs
- Legislation - PAYE Filing
- Payroll Health Check
Lending & Investment Update
This years finance expo was another great success. The new format worked well and our connections and software suppliers put on some special deals for those that registered.
Remember these are special deals and are only available until the end of September 2017.
Highlights from the finance expo;
PPSR Replacement (rPPSR) Project Update
- MBIE have asked that users of PPSR - G2B website sign on and check your contact details
- Training will be scheduled 3 months prior to Big Bang day 2 July 2018!
- G2B will be referred to as API (Application Programming Interface) in the new platform
- Users will need a Real Me Login
- Rather than the 'certificate' available now (that is updated every year) - a Security token will be supplied and to our knowledge will be non expiring
- NZBN - New Zealand Business Number
- There is an API available from finPOWER Connect to update NZBN #'s
- By end of 2017 Centrix will have the top 5 banks and 3 2nd tier banks uploading to them.
- Can now have Video Identification embedded in the Electronically Signed document. Had this demonstrated to me at the Expo - amazing to say the least.
New Legislation - 1 September 2017
Time to Update your Business Terms and Conditions
In February the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 (CCLA) was enacted which will repeal a number of commercial status and consolidate them in the CCLA. It comes into force on 1 September 2017.
If you operate a business that uses standard form contracts, terms of trade or other such documents which refer to the old laws, you should update those to take account of the new legislation.
Legislation - Proposed Changes
PAYE FIling Legislation
Employers currently report PAYE information about their employees to Inland Revenue on a monthly basis regardless of how frequently they pay their staff.
Inland Revenue's systems and processes are being redeveloped to take advantage of modern digital technology. Under the proposed changes, the PAYE information-filing process will be integrated into the payroll software that many employers us to pay employees.
Employers would then file their PAYE information each payday directly from payroll software. Employers above the electronic filing threshold all payroll intermediaries and employers using payroll software would be required to file their PAYE information by the second working day after payday. The due date for PAYE information from other employers would be seven working days after payday.
Under the proposed changes, employers would be able to file their PAYE information each payday from 1 April 2018 and would be required to do so from 1 April 2019.
Payroll Health Check
Have you booked yours?
Our Payroll Health Checks are conducted either onsite or online.
What is a Payroll Health Check?
A Payroll Health Check looks at your payroll data;
- Company Controls
- Employee Controls
- Leave Types
- Payroll Processing
- Time Sheets
- IR Filing
We also review what your current and future payroll needs are;
- do you want flexibility to go online?
- do you need time and attendance?
- are you exporting to your accounting system?
- are you wanting to outsource your payroll processing?
If you would like a Payroll Health Check contact the Payroll Team today and book in.
HHA Associates Limited and its employees are working in an advisory capacity only and therefore should any dispute, either verbal or written, arise between an employer and employee, legal advice must be sought.